The Terms and Conditions of Service for publishing press information and material with Mediacontact.ie, MediaHQ.com, Galzacs.com and Expresswire.ie's online services.
Mediacontact.ie services are intended for companies and corporate bodies. Mediacontact.ie will not enter into agreements with private individuals. (Mediacontact.ie, for the purpose of this agreement, includes all subsidiaries and ancillary companies and businesses of Mediacontact.ie).
These general conditions set forth the terms and conditions under which press information is administered and published at www.Mediacontact.ie, www.mediahq.ie, www.mediahq.com, Galzacs.com, expresswire.ie in other media and / or other services that Mediacontact.ie own, collaborate with and administer, and are applicable to all agreements entered into with Mediacontact.ie .
The scope of mediacontact.ie services and the provision of those services by mediacontact.ie is subject also to those conditions which appear in the current product specification, as modified from time to time, which describes all services that Mediacontact.ie own, collaborate with and / or administer.
2. Press Information
For the purpose of these general conditions ”press information” shall include, but not be limited to:
- press releases and / or other equivalent information,
- company information that describe the company and its business,
- information regarding the company’s products and services,
- addresses and contact information concerning information officers, press contacts, experts etc.
- press pictures, illustrations etc.,
- the layout of the information above,
- blog entries, and
- moving pictures (video).
3. Liability for Press Information
The content of Mediacontact.ie is created by the users of the web-site.
By contracting with Mediacontact.ie you are bound by these general conditions.
You, the user, warrant and undertake unconditionally that press information you publish at Mediacontact.ie shall not contain any item that is unlawful or otherwise unfit for publication or will, in any way cause damage to Mediacontact.ie and further that such press information shall not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party or parties.
You further warrant that you own, or have the necessary rights to, any press information that you publish, including pictures and videos. Your rights must include the right to publish, re-produce, modify or make such other use of the press information at and via Mediacontact.ie services, and shall further include the right for Mediacontact.ie to disclose and publish press information in accordance with these general condition.
Where you publish press information that includes pictures or video you must first obtain the appropriate prior consent from those individuals or bodies appearing on the pictures/video or any other parties whose consent may be necessary.
Mediacontact.ie shall not be responsible for the content or layout of the press information or for any quality problems the publication or the dissemination of the press information may cause.
4. Administration of Press Information
Mediacontact.ie reserves the right to systemise, summarise and publish all or part of any press information that you publish at or via Mediacontact.ie’s services. The press information will become publicly available and accessible for journalist as well as others.
Mediacontact.ie shall not be responsible for any premature or late publication of press information or any deletion, blocking or alteration of press information save as may be provided for or implied by the application by Clause 5 immediately following.,.
5. Right to delete information and suspend users.
Mediacontact.ie reserves the right to remove all or any part of your press information at any time and for any reason. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing any user/client who publishes inaccurate, distasteful or illegal content may, at the election of Mediacontact.ie have their account shut down. In the event of such action proving necessary Mediacontact.ie. shall re-open such account on terms that it reasonably determines fair.
Mediacontact.ie. reserves the right to suspend or terminate the user/clients access to the services provided by it at any time and for any reason which deems just and fit. Further Mediacontact.ie shall refer activity which it regards as criminal to the relevant police authorities.
When using any of Mediacontact.ie’s free-of-charge services, such as “Mediacontact.ie Free”, you may terminate your agreement at any time.
If you have signed up to the monthly subscription of the “go social” plan, you may terminate the agreement by giving one (1) One month’s prior written notice of termination to Mediacontact.ie. Terminations of agreements covering more extensive time periods are regulated in a separate agreement.
If you have signed a monthly subscription on the Internet to “Media HQ Digital Book”, “Media HQ Premium”, “Media HQ Plus”or “Media HQ Max”, you have a 12 month contract and may not may terminate the agreement before this time period.
Mediacontact.ie may terminate any agreements by giving one (1) One month’s notice. Mediacontact.ie may also immediately terminate any agreements if you; (1) become insolvent, bankrupt, or enter into any arrangement with creditors; (2) cancel your payments to Mediacontact.ie; (3) have been suspended from the service; or (4) you are in material breach of these general conditions.
In the event of termination, Mediacontact.ie shall have the right to delete all or part of your press information. No refunds are given by Mediacontact.ie.
By accepting these general conditions you give your consent to Mediacontact.ie to store the information that you provide when you register yourself as a customer, along with any information that you submit or enter.
Mediacontact.ie will not share your personal data. Mediacontact.ie will only store your personal data while you are a registered user and will delete the personal data after termination of the agreement.
You have the right, on the anniversary of your agreement with Mediacontact.ie to seek and to be supplied with, free of charge, all information regarding personal data concerning you that is retained by Mediacontact.ie. Should you wish to receive such information you should submit a written and signed request to us. If your personal data is incorrect, you may demand that the information is corrected, blocked or deleted.
Revocation of your consent, at any time, in whole or in part can be made under this section. If such revocation is not confirmed by you in writing, Mediacontact.ie will confirm your revocation in writing.
8. Liability and Limitation of Liability
Use of this site or associated sites (mediacontact.ie, mediahq.com, expresswire.ie or galzacs.com) is at your own risk. You assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from your use of information and/or use of files, communications, content, or other material accessed through or obtained by means of this site. Under no circumstances shall Mediacontact.ie or related services of Mediacontact.ie and its affiliates, be liable for any indirect, punitive, special or consequential damages that are directly or indirectly related to the use of, or the inability to use, the site, subscription services and related content, even if Mediacontact.ie, the affiliates, or their providers of such information have been advised of the possibility of such damages. The total liability of Mediacontact.ie and the affiliates hereunder is limited to the amount, if any, actually paid by you for access and use of the subscription services. You hereby release Mediacontact.ie, or related services of Mediacontact.ie, and the affiliates from any and all obligations, liabilities and claims in excess of this limitation.
9. Internet Security
Mediacontact.ie’s services are, like most Internet-based services, potentially vulnerable to various security risks. Mediacontact.ie strives to reduce such risks but, when using the services, Mediacontact.ie cannot guarantee that you will not be subject to:
- exposure to offensive or inaccurate material, including contaminated files.
- spamming, theft of passwords, harassment, forgery, electronic intrusion, manipulations, hacking and other unauthorized or premature disclosure of information and / or material that you published on and via Mediacontact.ie.
And mediacontact.ie shall have no liability in respect of such events.
10. Changes of General Conditions
Mediacontact.ie reserves the right to modify these general conditions, as well as the prices of Mediacontact.ie’s services, in whole or in part, at any time. Changes in the general conditions shall be effective one month after notice of such change is posted at www.Mediacontact.ie, sent to you via e-mail or given by any other agreed procedure.
11. Payment Terms
As a customer, you undertake to pay the current price of the services, as changed from time to time.
All prices are exclusive of value added tax and other indirect taxes. These will be charged according to current taxes at the time of the invoice.
If you use Mediacontact.ie’s free-of-charge services, such as “Mediacontact.ie Free”, you are not bound to pay any fees for the services.
Mediacontact.ie reserves the right to charge for invoicing. Outstanding unpaid balances shall incur late payment interest, chargeable at the court nominated rate of 8% per annum from the due date until the date of actual payment.
12. Preconditions for Agreements with Mediacontact.ie
A precondition for agreements with Mediacontact.ie is that you have been deemed to be credit-worthy. You agree that Mediacontact.ie will be entitled to make enquiries about your credit record.
You must co-operate actively in assisting Mediacontact.ie to obtain a credit reference so as to satisfy this condition. Failure to obtain a satisfactory credit reference within two weeks of application may result in Mediacontact.ie refusing access or, where appropriate, terminating access.
Mediacontact.ie shall communicated to its prospective clients the prices for services provided by Mediacontact.ie by publishing the same on its Website. An offer by the client to purchase services by confirmation of an order through the Website of Mediacontact.ie shall bind the client. On receipt of an order Mediacontact.ie will issue an invoice for the appropriate fee and the issue of such an invoice confirms the existence of the Contract between the parties and such Contract shall be governed by these conditions.
This Agreement shall be deemed to commence with effect from the date the Customer first uses Mediacontact.ie services and shall continue, subject to these conditions, until the close of business on the first anniversary of the date of this agreement and thereafter until terminated by either party upon 90 days written notice to the other.
14.1 Mediacontact.ie, in exchange for a completed Order Form shall provide the Irish Media Contacts Directory, the MediaFlash online newsletter, the media jobs and CV search facility, Galzacs Guide Listing, the MediaHQ online media directory and press release distribution service and all and any other services provided by Mediacontact.ie.
14.2 In the event of any invoice issued by Mediacontact.ie remaining unpaid for a period of 30 days after issue, Mediacontact.ie may unlilaterally decide to terminate this contract and cease supplying the services.
The customer acknowledges that they can only use the Mediahq.com services for themselves and their usage is governed by a single user licence.
The customer acknowledge that Mediacontact.ie will be monitoring the use of its service and will terminate the contract and suspend service if they allow the service to be used by more than my licensed number of users.
The customer acknowledges that they are not permitted to use their MediaHQ.com log in details for the benefit of another member of the communications or marketing staff at their organisation. This means the customer cannot issue press releases with another persons contact details, or that they are not dealing with directly, or working on directly themselves.
The customer also acknowledges that any sharing of log in details with non-authorised users, or using log-in details for the direct benefit of other members of the marketing, or communications teams, will breach the data protection policy and terms of service of Mediacontact.ie and will immediately terminate the contract and suspend the service without refund.
14.4 The customer acknowledges that Mediacontact.ie retains copyright over the information as presented and retains intellectual property in relation to the site design, which cannot be copied by the customer.
14.5 The customer takes responsibility for the use of the database and they purchase the product and service from Mediacontact.ie. The customer indemnifies Mediacontact.ie from and against all claims howsoever arising as a result of the customer's unlawful or negligent use of the database and information provided. The customer further indemnifies Mediacontact.ie from and against all claims by the Data Protection Commissioner.
14.6 MediaHQ and ExpressWire.ie are online services designed to send the standard form of communication to media outlets known as media or press releases.
14.7 The customer accepts that Mediacontact.ie has the right to suspend indefinitely, without refund, any MediaHQ, Galzacs.com, ExpressWire.ie account, if it deems that either service has been used to send illegal, or inappropriate messages to the media, or messages that are deemed as spam, and not legitimate media or press releases.
14.8 The customer acknowledges that they have read the Mediacontact.ie Privacy Statement and confirms their acceptance of the terms and conditions therein.
14.9 The customer agrees to enter into a Formal Contract for services with Mediacontact.ie and to execute such a Formal Contract as soon as is practicable after being supplied with a contract for services by Mediacontact.ie.
14.10 By registering an account with Mediacontact.ie, Mediahq.com, Galzacs.com or expresswire.ie you agree that your account and any information associated can be shared across all 4 websites.
14.11 Course and Conference Cancellation Policy
Cancellations must be made 21 days prior the course and an admin fee of €75 + VAT will be charged for all cancellations, to be deducted from any refund or invoice. No cancellations can be made within 20 days of the course but a replacement delegate can be nominated. No delegate is permitted to attend without prior payment being made. Bookings are not confirmed until payment is received.
15. Governing Law and Disputes
These general conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the law
Galzac’s Guide Terms and Conditions
By registering on this site, as an "Expert" you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out below. These terms and conditions may occasionally be changed. It is the responsibility of users to refer to these conditions from time to time and continued use of the site will be regarded as an acceptance of any changes that occur.
1. Galzacs Guide is a print and on-line directory of those claiming specific experience and knowledge of a subject(s), and who, by registering on this site, and tendering the appropriate subscription fee, make themselves reasonably available to be consulted, interviewed and/or quoted by any media-related publication/broadcaster either in Ireland
2. The sole purpose of this site is for use by journalists; freelance journalists; researchers, reporters, producers and editors on behalf of news agencies; local, regional and national newspapers; magazines; journals; periodicals; local, regional and national radio and television, and the broadcast media in general (including representatives of other journalist-based websites) to freely access the database of registered experts in search of those able to supply information, analysis and comment on current news issues, sport, lifestyle features.
3. It is the responsibility and personal choice of each individual expert or organisation, having been approached via Galzacs by a user (e.g. from the Media), whether or not they wish to continue with matters arising from that contact. They can decline for any reason.
4. While every effort has been made to check the authenticity of the experts and organisations registered on this site, certain of the information contained herein, by necessity, has been provided for use 'as is' by the individual 'experts' or organisations themselves. It is the responsibility of those using the site a) to ensure the expertise and qualifications claimed by registered experts and organisations are bona fide b) that specific information given by them is accurate and c) to be aware that on controversial issues (e.g. abortion legislation) some specialists/experts or organisations may be partisan in their appraisal or comment.
5. It is the responsibility of Galzac’s Guide to make all reasonable efforts to correct any error of fact or omission brought to its' attention but reserves the right to reject, and be the sole judge of such, any material it considers defamatory; unlawful; unseemly or in any way unnecessary or inappropriate.
6. Any information provided on this site by a source other than Galzac’s Guide (e.g. by a registered expert) must comply with common decency and contain nothing offensive; abusive; objectionable or unlawful. Any misuse of the site, as outlined above, could result in a permanent ban.This decision will be taken by Galzac’s Guide and will be final. No correspondence will be entered into or accepted.
7. The presence of link(s) on this site to other on-line resources (including an expert's individual website or that of his/her organisation) does not represent an endorsement of that site or its contents by Galzac’s Guide.
8. Galzac’s Guide bears no responsibility for the accuracy of the views, comments or information of registered experts or organisations as expressed to other users of this site; or for any disputes or damages that may arise between any of the registered experts and other site users.
9. Registration details are 'portable' should a registered expert change position, employment or residential location.
10.Galzac’s Guide has no claim on any financial remuneration, fees, contracts or payments previously or subsequently negotiated by parties registered on this site with other site users.
11.The use of Galzac’s Guide, or any information on this site, for any commercial or marketing purpose (or for any purpose other than that for which the site is intended) is prohibited.
1. Information collected on this site from registered 'experts' organisations and representatives of the media will only be used for purposes of the implementation of journalistic activity via this site. Use of this material for any other purpose is prohibited. Registered users are requested to inform Galzac’s Guide immediately of any approach/contact via this site for any purpose other than stated above.
2. Any additional information regarding the use of this site (frequency etc) that is collected is for statistical analysis by Galzac’s Guide only and will not be made available, rented or sold to any third party.
3. Upon email notification of a cancellation request from any registered user (either an 'expert' an organisation, or a representative of the media); all information held by Galzac’s Guide relating to that person will be deleted from the 'live' system as soon as is practically possible. It will normally be stored for future re-registration purposes.
However, upon a specific request being received by Galzac’s Guide, this information will be deleted from the system completely and no records kept. Any user then wishing to return to this site will be required to re-register.