Collinstown Industrial Park
€60,000 donated by Intel as part of 2011 Signature Charity Campaign
- Every year Intel Ireland selects signature charities and employees dedicate their efforts towards providing volunteer time and funds to the charity
- For 2011 two charities, Laura Lynn House and the Caring and Sharing Association, were selected in order to share the impact of the signature charity campaign
- The two charities were recently presented with a total of €60,000 as a result of the fundraising efforts
Every year Intel Ireland selects signature charities in order to give employees the opportunity to dedicate their efforts towards providing volunteer time and funds, raised through specially organised activities, to these chosen charities.
For 2011 two charities, Laura Lynn House and the Caring and Sharing Association, were selected and employees organised and supported a number of different fundraising events throughout the year in support of the two selected causes. The organisations also benefited from volunteer time from Intel employees who provided IT expertise, support, mentorship and facilitation during 2011.
A total of 12 different charity events were organised during the year giving employees the chance to take part in a diversity of different fun and challenging activities that each helped to build towards a remarkable overall result of a total of €60,000 being donated to the charitable organisations! With each organisation receiving €30,000 each this is a substantial contribution towards the fantastic work that each carries out in their specific field.
The events that were held throughout the year spanned a wide array of interests with many highlights such as the Intel Charity Cycle event which took place in September and challenged employees to complete routes of 40km, 80km or 160km. Each of the routes began at the Intel Ireland campus in Leixlip and took in various parts of Kildare and Meath depending on the length of the cycle with each of the routes culminating at the Hill of Tara. With more than 140 employees taking part a phenomenal amount of €20,000 was raised towards the overall total.
Some other events held throughout the year included:
• In November employees purchased special balloons which were then released as part of a mass event with a prize on offer for the balloon found to have travelled the furthest, Over 800 balloons were sold raising more than €4,000 and with the furthest travelled balloon being reported found along the Antrim Coast – 213km from Leixlip!
• Over 400 people helped to raise a further €4,000 towards the overall total by attending a special family puppet show held at the Intel Ireland campus.
• A number of challenge events also took place during the year with employees taking part in fun runs, hillwalks and for some of the seriously dedicated the Dublin City Marathon!
The monies raised were last week presented to the two charities by Intel Ireland General Manager Eamonn Sinnott at a special employee event held at the Intel Ireland campus in Leixlip.
Image from the Cheque handover is attached, caption as follows:
David Prendergast, Intel Ireland, Rebecca Sheridan from CASA, Gerry Clancy from Laura Lynn House and Barry Kennedy, Intel Ireland are pictured with Intel Ireland General Manager Eamonn Sinnott (centre of photo) at the presentation event
Intel is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices.
Additional information about Intel is available at:
Web - intel.ie | Twitter - @Intel_IRL | Facebook - Intel Ireland
or by visiting the Intel Ireland newsroom - www.intel.ie/newsroom
Jun 11, 2013 15:04 BST
Intel launches Mini Scientist 2013!
May 24, 2013 16:29 BST
Intel announces $1.5 million research investment at the Tyndall National Institute
Apr 30, 2013 17:17 BST
Mar 12, 2013 18:36 GMT
Irish Premiere of Girl Rising
Mar 8, 2013 15:05 GMT
Intel supports students as they sow the seeds of entrepreneurship
Mar 7, 2013 0:34 GMT
Students engineer a path to the future!
"Almost time to announce the winners of this years Intel Business Challenge Europe at the Convention Centre in Dublin, good luck all! #IBCE"
Intel_IRL 19 Jun 16:46
Mediacontact.ie, 8 Greenmount House, Greenmount Office Park, Harold's Cross Road, Dublin 6W
Tel: (01) 473 2050 Fax: (01) 473 2049 Email: email@example.com
Copyright © 2013 Mediacontact.ie . All rights reserved. Built by Lightbox Digital